Drogba reveals dark times

The End
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Drogba reveals dark times

Post by The End on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has admitted he became disillusioned with football last summer.

The Ivory Coast international ended last season under a cloud after being sent off in the Champions League Final defeat to Manchester United.

Drogba was heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge during the close season and admitted the summer months were an unhappy time.

"This summer, I didn't have a head for football anymore," he told France Football.

"I had completely lost my fire. I didn't want to hear talk of objectives or ambition anymore. I felt completely extinguished.

"For the first time in my career, I lost my passion for football. I was lost.

"Last season could have been terrific and spectacular, in the end it was just a good season which left quite a few regrets."

Meanwhile, Drogba has risked the wrath of Luiz Felipe Scolari after claiming he is baffled by the Blues boss' decision not to play both he and Nicolas Anelka in the same starting line-up this season.

Drogba's knee problems during the first half of the campaign have left him playing second fiddle at times to Anelka.

"For the moment, I just have to keep quiet," he continued.

"It's not because I've been here for more than four years that I have the right to have demands on a status of starter.

"At the moment there is a man who is scoring and who is piling up goals. I only have to wait my turn.

"I have always said that I was happy that Nicolas came to Chelsea but I still don't understand why coaches are scared to play us together."

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:49 am